Stripes® Stores Facebook Giveaway
“Slurpee® Day Giveaway”
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. YOU MUST HAVE INTERNET ACCESS TO ENTER.
1. Eligibility: The Stripes® Convenience Stores Facebook Giveaway “Slurpee® Day Giveaway” (the "Giveaway") is open only to legal residents of Texas and Louisiana that have attained the age of majority in their state of residence. Employees of Stripes Stores (the "Sponsor"), its affiliate companies as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. Subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Giveaway. To be eligible to win a prize, participants must fulfill all requirements set forth herein.
2. Sponsor: Stripes Convenience Stores, 3200 Hackberry Rd. Irving, Texas 75063
3. Timing: The Stripes Facebook Giveaway begins on July 11, 2018 at 11AM Central Time ("CT") and ends on July 11, 2018 at 7:00 PM CT (the "Promotion Period"). Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Giveaway.
4. How to Enter: On July 11, 2018 (7/11/2018), participating Stripes® convenience stores will be offering free small Slurpee® drinks to the general public. The free Slurpee® drink offer lasts from 11 AM to 7 PM CT and is limited to one per person. Other limitations may apply. To enter, entrants must take a picture of themselves with their free Slurpee® drink, or a purchased Slurpee® drink, and post the picture in the comments section of the Giveaway post at the Stripes® stores Facebook page located at www.facebook.com/stripesstores. Each valid entry will be entered in a drawing where Sponsor will randomly select a potential grand prize winner. An entry will not be eligible to win a prize if the entrant does not have a valid Facebook account and related email account.
Limit: Each participant may submit a total of one (1) Giveaway entry on Facebook. Any additional entries requested in excess of this amount will not be included in the drawing pool. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same Facebook account. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entrant's excess entries and that entrant may be disqualified at the discretion of the Sponsor. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. In the event of a dispute as to any registration, the authorized account holder of the Facebook account used will be deemed to be the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the Facebook account. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. The potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
5. Winner Selection: On July 12, 2018 at 8AM CST, ONE potential grand prize winner will be chosen at random from among all eligible entries received up to the close of the Giveaway.
Selection of the potential winner is final and binding in all matters related to the Giveaway. The potential winner will be notified by Facebook Direct Message and/or reply in the Facebook post under the comments and will have 48 hours to respond to the email. As the prize is valued at more than $600, the potential prize winner will be required to sign and return to Sponsor, within 5 days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent, an Affidavit of Compliance, Liability & Publicity Release (except where prohibited) in order to claim his/her prize and to fulfill any such other requirements as determined by Sponsor. If any potential prize winner fails to reply in time to the initial contact, or provide an Affidavit of Compliance, Liability & Publicity Release or any other requested information (as applicable) within the applicable time period, he/she may be disqualified and forfeit the applicable prize. In the event that the potential Giveaway winner cannot be contacted, forfeits the prize, or is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will select an alternate potential winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. Only three (3) alternate drawings will be held, after which the prize will remain un-awarded. All valid entries will remain in the drawing pool for the next drawing. The potential winner must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements.
6. Prizes: One winner will receive (one) $250 Stripes Stores gift card, 365 coupons for a medium Slurpee® valid only at participating Stripes® Stores, and four one-day pass Schlitterbahn tickets to a Texas Schlitterbahn Water Park – valid during the 2018 season only. Slurpee® coupons expire on 12/31/2020 and are redeemable at participating Stripes locations. The retail value of the grand prize is (Slurpee® drink coupons) $288.35; Stripes gift card $250, and 4 individual one-day passes to a Texas Schlitterbahn Water Park valued $200-$350. The total approximate retail value of the prize is $738.35 to $888.35. Prizes are non-transferable, and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the prize for one of equal or greater value if it should become unavailable for any reason. Winners are responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. Prize will be fulfilled approximately six (6) to eight (8) weeks after the conclusion of the drawing period.
7. Release: Upon receipt of any prize, winners agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, 7-Eleven, Inc., Facebook, and each of their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, franchisees, licensees, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees, representatives, and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Giveaway or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
8. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Giveaway constitutes each winner’s consent to Sponsor’s and its agents’ use of winner’s name, likeness, photograph (including the entry photograph), voice, opinions and/or hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
9. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Giveaway, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Giveaway, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Giveaway or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other Promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Giveaway may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Sponsor further reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Giveaway or any portion of it or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion, or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
10. Release and Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Giveaway; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Giveaway; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Giveaway or the processing of entries; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Giveaway or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an entrant's entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Giveaway, if possible. If the Giveaway, or any part of it, is discontinued for any reason, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
11. Disputes: Except as prohibited in Paragraph 7 above, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Giveaway shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and with venue for any claim or cause of action being held exclusively in Nueces County, Texas. (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Giveaway, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased; other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Giveaway, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Texas without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules.
12. Winners List: Sponsor will post the name of the winner in the “Giveaway” post when it becomes available. To see the current list of winners, visit www.facebook.com/StripesStores, or send a request via Direct Message to the Stripes Facebook account.
This giveaway is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with, Facebook
© 2018 Stripes® Convenience Stores. All rights reserved.
The Slurpee® trademark is a registered trademark of 7-Eleven, Inc.