Summer of 69¢ Giveaway Rules
Stripes® Stores Giveaway
“Summer of 69 Giveaway”
Important: Please read these Official Rules before entering this Giveaway. By participating in this Giveaway, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and represent that you satisfy all of the eligibility requirements below.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. YOU MUST HAVE INTERNET ACCESS TO ENTER.
1. Eligibility: The Stripes® Stores Summer of 69 Giveaway (the "Giveaway") is open only to legal residents of Texas and Louisiana who are the age of majority in their state of residence upon entry. Employees of 7-Eleven, Inc. (the "Sponsor"), its affiliate companies as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible to win any prize. The Giveaway is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Giveaway. To be eligible to win a prize, participants must fulfill all requirements set forth herein. IF YOU DO NOT MEET ANY OF THESE REQUIREMENTS OR ANY OTHER ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES, YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO WIN A PRIZE. To be eligible to win a prize, entries must be completed and received by Sponsor in the manner and format designated below.
2. Sponsor: 7-Eleven, Inc., 3200 Hackberry Rd. Irving, Texas 75063.
3. Timing: The Stripes® Stores’ Summer of 69 Giveaway begins on June 9, 2020, at 6:00:01 AM Central Time ("CT") and ends on September 1, 2020 at 9:00:00 PM CT (the "Promotion Period"). All entries must be received during the Promotion Period and meet other requirements in these Official Rules to be eligible to win a prize. Sponsor’s or its designee’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Giveaway.
4. How to Enter: Stripes® Stores will launch a giveaway where entrants are eligible to win a $69.00 Stripes® Stores gift card, valid only at Stripes® Stores locations. To enter, during the Promotion Period, visit https://stripesstores.com/summer-of-69-cents/ and follow the instructions to enter the Giveaway, including by providing all required information to complete and submit the online entry form. Upon completion of all required entry steps, you will receive one entry into the Giveaway.
Limit: Each participant may submit a total of one entry during the Promotion Period. Any additional entries requested in excess of this amount will not be included in the drawing pool.
Identity of Entrant: All entries must be submitted by the individual entrant. Bulk or automated entries will be disqualified (including entries made using any script, macro, bot, or promotional service). Multiple participants are not permitted to share the same email account. Any attempt to obtain additional entries through fraud or other illegitimate means will result in disqualification, at Sponsor’s discretion. If there is a dispute about the identity of the entrant, entries will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted with the entry. An “authorized account holder” means the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. A potential winner may be required to provide Sponsor with proof that a potential winner is the authorized account holder of the account associated with the winning entry.
5. Selection and Notification of Winner: On each of the following days: June 15, 2020; June 22, 2020; June 29, 2020; July 6, 2020; July 13, 2020; July 20, 2020; July 27, 2020; August 3, 2020; August 10, 2020; August 17, 2020; August 24, 2020; August 31, 2020; (each a separate “Drawing Day”), Sponsor will select the name of one potential winner in a random drawing from among all eligible entries submitted by such Drawing Day. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received at the time of each Drawing Day. Each potential winner will be notified via the email submitted as part of their entry. If (i) potential winner does not respond to the attempted notification within [48 hours]; (ii) the attempted notification is returned as undeliverable, or (iii) the potential winner is otherwise unable to accept the prize as stated, the prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate winner. Only three alternate drawings will be held for each prize, after which the prize will not be awarded. If, by reason of a print or other error, more prizes are claimed than the number set forth in these Official Rules, an alternate winner will be selected in accordance with the above selection process from among all eligible claimants making purportedly valid claims to award the prizes available.
Verification of Potential Winner: EACH POTENTIAL WINNER IS SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY SPONSOR, WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE GIVEAWAY. AN ENTRANT IS NOT A PRIZE WINNER UNLESS AND UNTIL ENTRANT’S ELIGIBILITY HAS BEEN VERIFIED AND ENTRANT HAS BEEN NOTIFIED THAT VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE AND NO FURTHER ACTION IS NEEDED.
6. Prizes: Twelve winners (one for each Drawing Day) will each receive one $69.00 Stripes® Stores Gift Card. Total Approximate Retail Value of all prizes: $828.
Prize Restrictions: All gift card prizes are subject to the terms and conditions of use as indicated thereon. Stripes® Stores gift cards are redeemable only at Stripes® Stores locations. ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL TAXES ASSOCIATED WITH THE RECEIPT OR USE OF ANY PRIZE ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE POTENTIAL WINNER. Prizes are not transferable. No substitutions or exchanges of any prize (including for cash) will be permitted, except that Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of comparable or greater value for any prize. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prizes or prize components. Only the number of prizes stated in these Official Rules are available to be won in the Giveaway. Limit one prize per entrant during Promotion Period. Prizes will be fulfilled approximately 6-8 weeks after the conclusion of the Promotion Period.
7. Disclaimer: Sponsor, and any of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, franchisees, directors, officers, professional advisors, consultants, contractors, legal counsel, public relations firms, employees and advertising, fulfillment and marketing agencies (collectively, the “Released Parties”) will not be responsible for: (a) any late, lost, misrouted, garbled or distorted or damaged transmissions or entries; (b) phone, electronic, hardware, software, network, Internet, or other computer or communications-related malfunctions or failures beyond Sponsor or the Released Parties’ reasonable control; (c) any Giveaway disruptions, injuries, losses or damages caused by events beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor or the Released Parties by non-authorized human intervention; or (d) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Giveaway.
8. Limitations of Liability; Releases: By entering the Giveaway, you release Sponsor and all Released Parties from any liability whatsoever, and waive any and all causes of action, related to any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Giveaway or delivery, misdelivery, acceptance, possession, use of or inability to use any prize (including claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional), whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other theory.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL THE SPONSOR OR THE RELEASED PARTIES BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF PROFITS OR LOSS OF DATA, WHETHER IN AN ACTION IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) OR OTHERWISE, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED TO YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE GIVEAWAY OR USE OR INABILITY TO USE ANY PRIZE, EVEN IF A RELEASED PARTY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL THE AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF THE RELEASED PARTIES (JOINTLY) ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE GIVEAWAY OR USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE ANY PRIZE EXCEED $10. THE LIMITATIONS SET FORTH IN THIS SECTION WILL NOT EXCLUDE OR LIMIT LIABILITY FOR PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE CAUSED BY PRODUCTS RENTED FROM THE SPONSOR, OR FOR THE RELEASED PARTIES’ GROSS NEGLIGENCE, INTENTIONAL MISCONDUCT, OR FOR FRAUD.
9. Use of Name, Likeness, etc.: To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, entry into the Giveaway constitutes permission to use your name, hometown, aural and visual likeness and prize information for advertising, marketing, and promotional purposes without further permission or compensation (including in a public-facing winner list). As a condition of being awarded any prize, except where prohibited by law, winner may be required to execute a consent to the use of their name, hometown, aural and visual likeness and prize information for advertising, marketing, and promotional purposes without further permission or compensation. By entering this Giveaway, you consent to being contacted by Sponsor for any purpose in connection with this Giveaway.
11. Winner List; Rules Request: For a copy of the winner list, send an email to [GM-LaredoTacoCompany@7-11.com] after September 7, 2020 and before September 7, 2021, Attn: “Summer of 69 Giveaway.” To obtain a copy of these Official Rules, visit https://stripesstores.com/summer-of-69-cents/.
12. Intellectual Property Notice: STRIPES STORES and 7-ELEVEN are registered trademarks of 7-Eleven, Inc. The Giveaway and all accompanying materials are copyright © 2020 by 7-Eleven, Inc. All rights reserved.
13. Disputes: EACH ENTRANT AGREES THAT ANY DISPUTES, CLAIMS, AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THIS GIVEAWAY OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED WILL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION, AND EXCLUSIVELY BY THE UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT FOR THE NORTHERN DISTRICT OF TEXAS OR THE APPROPRIATE STATE COURT LOCATED IN DALLAS COUNTY, TEXAS. THESE OFFICIAL RULES ARE GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF TEXAS, WITHOUT REGARD TO CHOICE OF LAW OR CONFLICT OF LAW RULES. YOU WAIVE ANY AND ALL OBJECTIONS TO JURISDICTION AND VENUE IN THESE COURTS AND HEREBY SUBMIT TO THE JURISDICTION OF THOSE COURTS.
14. General Conditions: Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Sponsor reserves the right to change these Official Rules at any time, in its discretion, and to modify, suspend, or cancel the Giveaway or any entrant's participation in the Giveaway should viruses, bugs, unauthorized human intervention, pandemics, public disruptions, or other causes beyond Sponsor's reasonable control affect the administration, security, safety, or proper play of the Giveaway, or Sponsor otherwise becomes (in its discretion) incapable of running the Giveaway as planned. Entrants who violate these Official Rules, violate any law, rule or regulation in connection with participation in the Giveaway, tamper with the operation of the Giveaway or engage in any conduct that is detrimental or unfair to Sponsor, the Giveaway or any other entrant (as determined in Sponsor's discretion) are subject to disqualification from the Giveaway. Sponsor reserves the right to lock out persons whose eligibility is in question or who have been disqualified or are otherwise ineligible to enter the Giveaway. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entries received that contain inappropriate or offensive content. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules will not constitute a waiver of that provision. Any provision of these Official Rules deemed unenforceable will be enforced to the extent permissible, and the remainder of these Official Rules will remain in effect. The use of the terms “include” or “including” in these Official Rules is illustrative and not limiting.